Sunday, April 27, 2008

Trip to Iowa

Jack David and Great Uncle David - our first meeting !
Chillin on the kitchen floor
Crusing for chicks (want to join me Noura, Mattea, Courtney or Riley?)
Play the bongos
Sleeping Angel
Grandpa Welder and Jack
Grandma Welder, Grandpa Welder and Jack
Uncle paul and Jack
Grammy Wagner and Jack
Aunt Caroline

Hi everyone. We've had a fun and busy week. Last weekend Luke, Jack and I went to Nevada, Ankeny and Silvis to visit our family. We had a great time seeing everyone and of course everyone loved seeing Jack. Trips to Iowa are getting a little more difficult now that Jack is older, but it is worth it to us to make the long trip so Jack can keep connected to his family. We were in Nevada on Saturday, grammy and grandpa Wagner and Aunt Caroline and Uncle Paul had a great time playing with Jack and were suprised at how much he had grown in the past month. Jack is still "army crawling" but is starting to take more strids while actually crawling on his hands and knees. Sunday we spent the day with Grandma and Grandpa Welder, Great grandma Marvel, and great Uncle and Aunt Jeff and Becky and Tyler. We went to my dad's church with him in the morning, had a great lunch and then dad, Karen, Paul, Jeff, Becky, Luke, me and my uncle David went to see a comedian that night. It was HILARIOUS!!!! A really good time. Mom and Caroline babysat, which they loved of course. We headed home on Monday and stopped in Illinois to visit Grandma and Grandpa Spence. Jack loves seeing all of his grandparents. We got back to Indiana LATE Monday night and spent the week just hanging out. I stopped at the Healthy Families office a couple times to meet friends for lunch, which was really fun. I swear, sometimes I think that I still work there! Friday was a going away lunch for my friend Adri, it was great going to lunch with all of my friends, plus two of Jacks friends Mattea (15 mos) and Courtney (3 mos) were there for Jack to play with. Jack and Mattea were so cute together. Today Luke, Jack and I were welcomed into our new church and had a new member lunchon. It was nice to meet other families (some with babies) and also Father and other church members. I am going to try to get involved with church somehow. The weather has been nice so we have been trying to get out more often, which is great. I love being able to go on walks and watch Jack discover new things! Although I miss working A TON, I think that I would miss those moments with Jack more. I am trying really hard to find at least 1 activity to do per day to keep us up and moving around. Some days we are more productive than others, but we're working on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment